Sunday, February 12, 2006

Snow!

You know when you see those artistic images, perhaps on Christmas cards, or some such rendering of wintertime? You see maybe a window, outlined in frost and snow? The window I look out of now, has that white wave of snow at the bottom. This occurs though, because the wind fiercely whips snow about, creating those smudges on the panes. The wind outside is wild right now. You can hear it against the house, you can see the white whirls creating the drifts that might block our front door if we let it.

I'm lucky I don't have to be out in that right now, but will probably do some shoveling assitance later on. I'll maybe make some cookies too. I don't know why, but I always seem to make cookies when we have a snow storm. I guess I want the kids to have that 'fresh baked' smell to come back to after being out in the snow.

That's it for now -

No comments: