Wednesday, June 08, 2005

French Toast- It's such a lovely thing, bread fried in egg batter and sprinkled with powdered sugar and then doused with warm maple syrup. It's hard to find a good French Toast. This place has pretty good Ice Cream, and their restaurant has some good French Toast as well.
Another local farm (well - I think it's under an hour's drive from here) has some great things on the menu including including this amazing stuffed French Toast that includes cream cheese, pineapple and ham.
Who's hungry?

Staying on the theme of delicious things was my trip to Kimball's Farm on Memorial Day. Now this will shock some of the locals, but I had never been to Kimball's. Nope! Never! Ever! Of course, I end up going during a pouring rain storm so some of the appeal was missing, but the place is pretty cool. And...drumroll... There's shopping! The ice cream portions are huge, which was of no problem to my 16 year old, but I couldn't finish mine. However it was tasty. There's also a cute store/cafe combo, that serves coffee. Between the ice cream and being wet from the rain, we were freezing. The store was a nice way to warm up and find some additional Father's Day gifts.

Now I'm in the mood for some French Roast Coffee - hmm, I wonder why?

No comments: