1. Where is your sister right now?
Sadly, she’s in Chestnut Hill Cemetery
2. Last place you kissed someone?
Last night, at his bedside. (Ok it was my son)
3. Name five things you did today?
Probably cursed. Made my coffee. Ate a muffin baked by my husband, a pumpkin/cream cheese/raisin affair. (not bad). Took a Shower. Went down the street to look for a job. (no, not really, but it seemed to flow)
4. Last person you text messaged?
I barely know how. I think it was my friend Marc. (no, not Sir Saleski)
8. What are you listening to?The wind blowing stuff around outside. And bits of Babyshambles Shotters Nation in my head, and at this very, very moment, The New York Dolls
10. Eye Color?
(But I will also leave in The Duke’s response, because it’s so funny “No colour worth ever writin a song about, that's for sure.”)
11. Has anyone told you they're in love with you?
12. What color are your bedroom walls?
13. Do you have a chair in your room?
Yes, a largish green recliner and a small, daintier antique-ish rocking chair that’s a bit broken.
14. What are you doing tomorrow?
Probably disappointing someone.
15. What should you be doing right now?
Dinner is made, maybe I should clean off the table so we can eat.
18. Do you get along with your parents?
Since they too are at the aforementioned cemetery – I get along with them great. No… I got along with them fine when they were alive too. : )
19. Any pets?
Not at present. Our beloved cat Seeger died of very old age (nearly 19?) a couple years ago.
But just the other day Tom started to vigorously campaign for a ‘cat for Christmas’. Saints preserve us! Update: Two-Bit joined us in the summer of 2009. A great, great cat.
20. Favorite band?
That’s what my MySpace page is for.
21. Are you married/engaged?
20 years worth so far. : )
22. When was the last time you talked to one of your siblings?
A couple nights ago when I called and told him about Mike’s play
24. Do you play an instrument?
The same sibling, my brother Pat tried to teach me guitar. It didn’t go well, but I came away enriched with the opening chords of “Dueling Banjos” Y’all just know it as ‘that song from Deliverance’ and some little bit of CSN&Y. I do sing a little.
26. Are you allergic to anything?
I used to wear neoprene knee braces for karate, but I developed an allergy to the neoprene. Then I got fitted for fancy hinged things, that I rarely wore. And Percocet makes me itch.
32. Do you miss someone?
miss my mom now and then. She had a good sense of humor. I also miss our friend Kelly from karate. He took off for the Great White North over a year ago, and has nary been heard from since. he was a great guy – and he gave us free sparring lessons. RIP Kelly Stenstrum - long sad story. (Sept 2008)
33. Do you think they miss you too?
34. How many credit cards do you have?
35. Have you ever wanted to be a teacher?Yes, somewhat. I did teach Sunday School for 3 years. I had the same kids from 3rd – 5th grade, and now they are high school juniors. They’ve turned out pretty good too. I also have taught karate to squirmy 1st – 4th graders. Oy!
(And again, I’ll also enclose the Duke’s response. Too precious not to share. “As a fall-back, yes. Like, if all else falls to shite, i can at least teach other folks , thereby passing on my mistakes and feeling secure in the knowledge that, with my help, at least THEY'LL all fuck up too.”)
36. What is one thing you've learned about life?
That we need to follow Ferris Bueller’s advice – stop and look around once in a while
37. Whats your favorite color?
Not one fav, tho I find myself attracted to certain shades of green, and certain shades of pink. And sometimes I could swoon over the perfect brown sweater – and other times only black will do.
38. Is anyone jealous of you?
I doubt that!
39. Ever been stuck in an elevator?
The elevators in my dorm were a little weird. They sometimes got stuck between floors.
(and here is Dukes’ answer “not yet, but im lookin forward to it, since if aersosmith are to be believed, im gon' be in for the right ol' huff n' grind.”)
40. What does your dad call you?
by my name.
42. What does you hair look like right now?
Right this very moment? It’s auburny with some foils (blond highlights). It also currently sits with gel in it, and it has a mild faux dred-lock look to it
45. What did you last eat?
Some of the corn chowder I made today. Not bad. : )(and another one from Aaron, The Duke “a lemon dipped in a tartar sauce. don't EVER ever give in to that temptation. no good awaits far side o' it, i assure you”).
46. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
wavy, sometimes curly
. Who was the last person you drove with?
What is the point of this question? Like on a cross country road trip? Or like taking my youngest to the orthodontist?
49. What are you looking forward to?Cautiously looking forward to Christmas, if everything gets done. Especially looking forward to hearing words from the docs that Tom’s liver will be fine for the rest of his life. That’s a ways off tho. So far, so good - with the new liver from 5/2/10. Things are not easy though.
50. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Smug parents. People that talk at you, and not with you. People who DO NOT LISTEN.
51. Do you have any tattoos?
yes. Small red and black yin-yang, because it reminds me to always seek balance. Right next to it is some Japanese kanji that says Sho Dan. This was done specially to celebrate my rank of black belt (shodan). It sits about an inch or so below my right ear.
52. Any piercings?Yes, two ear lobe piercings as a teen. Then one extra lobe piercing in my right ear in college. Then ear cartilage piercing when I turned 41.
53. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Not a lot different from what I am now, just God-willing smarter, and with a whole lot more patience. And a firmer ass would be swell.
Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bar, certain songs and Grosse Point Blank.
And hey, what a coincidence, the editor is also the author, right, let's get on with it --- The above 54 questions are in reality quite a few less than 54. Don't know why. Never realized it till now.
Perhaps we'll call this 54 Brain Cells.