Thursday, June 07, 2007

Unexplained Absences

Meaning my own. So, here's the explanation. Not that you need any explanation - as a matter of fact - it's none of your damn business!

Ah, you think I could or would just leave it at that? No, I'm a little too neurotic.

So, here's the thing. My son graduated High School!





Yippee!



So, that involved all kinds of this and that - not to mention Prom the week before, picking up tux, dropping off tux, parties, cakes, and on and on.



And my sixth grader has his own "Moving On" ceremony next week, as he leaves a terrific school, The Englesby Intermediate - and prepares for Jr. High next fall.



So, life has been piling stuff on, a bit relentlessly for my liking, but I'm trying to persevere. I was lucky to have a great breakfast with my good friend Judy this morning at Brew'd Awakenings Coffeehaus.



In other news, I've been working on a review of the Matrix Ultimate Collection in HD.


It's quite a lovely set, but there's so much to go through, it's easy to be overwhelmed. Here is an excerpt of the forthcoming article:






When Morpheus tells Neo that the Matrix is “the world pulled over our eyes”, he could very well be describing the movie itself. The entity that the Matrix Trilogy has evolved into is not a fraudulent cover up however. It is a world that an eager audience has willingly drawn down and around them, the mantle of questions, of enlightenment, the shroud of a thought experiment of vast scale.





So, speaking of all things Matrix, I must be off and working again.



Later ----

No comments: