BIG TV QUIZ ----- ANSWERS
1. "I feel like I swallowed a hot mitten"
This is from the beloved classic, The Mary Tyler Moore Show. The news crew were feeling the effects of food poisoning, and this was Murry Slaughter's response. Sadly, no one got this : (
2. "I'm OUT!"
Now, here most of you shine. Of course, this is from Seinfeld's famous ep - "The Contest" - Kramer was the first to cave.
3. "I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, "The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down." "
Y'all did pretty good here too. Everyone's favorite dope, Homer Simpson keeps us laughing. Rock on Homer!
4. "Hi, I'd like a Cheeseburger, please, a large fries and a Cosmopolitan"
Damn, must be more of a chick thing, Sex in the City.
5. "I didn't swear. GD. The first word is God. How can that be a swear word? It's the most popular word in the bible. The second word, damn, that's a perfectly good word, you hear it all the time, like they dam the river to keep it from flooding it. And you read in the Bible that some guy was damned for cheating or stealing or having sex in the family. And who damned him? Who else? God. God damned him. Edith, beautiful words right out of the Bible."
All in the Family. I didn't love this show, but it had some fabulous TV moments.
6. "I love it here. You can sing as loud as you want. That dude wails away on the organ. That dude up there tells stories. It's almost a religious experience!"
Tommy Chong's character Leo, and his observations about church in That 70's Show.
7. "...do you have any idea what happens to a butter-based frosting after sitting 60 years in a poorly ventilated English basement? I have a feeling that what you are about to go through is punishment enough. Dismissed!"
Seinfeld #2. Elaine had gotten used to the late afternoon office parties, so she was craving sugar. Sadly, in her managerial frenzy, she banned the parties, but retained the cravings. So, she snuck into boss J. Peterman's office to sneak a snack. What she thought was an Enterman's cake was really an expensive piece of history. The Duke of Windsor's wedding cake.
8. "I'm having a good ass day"
Mad About You. Fran's glib comment to Jamie regarding some nice jeans she was wearing.
9. "Hey, you know, I have had it with you guys and your "cancer" and your "emphysema" and your "heart disease." The bottom line is smoking is cool and you know it."
Not that I agree, but it was cool when Chandler Bing ranted this on Friends.