Saturday, December 07, 2002

Good Morning One and All:
I can't believe it's almost that time. 18 more days. And all this snow! We better have a White Christmas this year! Of course, the wise, sage part of me thinks... ssshhhhh, becareful what you wish for. We could end up with the hugest blizzard on record. I can hear the immortal voice of the narrator from "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer"... "And then..... It Hit!" It would be huge. No present deliveries. No family coming for the holiday. All that food waiting.... which brings me to a thought.

We have SO much! The holiday's tend to bring out the need to overdo. Spend too much, eat too much, drink too much. And you all know this, but the wealth (and I use this word loosely) in our land is spread very inequitably. I'm not arguing against capitalism, just over-consumption. That's a fancy term for greed. I hate to see such differences of comfort in families, not just at this time of year, but always. In addition to a Sun Santa fund, maybe a SunYankeeDoodle Fund. Or a SunBunny(Easter) fund.
Enough of the soap box thing. I'm done. Just trying to give some food for thought. (no pun intended).

No comments: